What to do when more time is needed
Employers who are unable to correct a violation by the date stated on a citation may request more time. (437-001-0240)
This request must be received no later than the correction date of the violation listed on the citation.
How to file an extension request:
Fill out an online extension request
- or -
Send to the Oregon OSHA field office listed on the citation a written request that includes all of the following information:
- The employer's name and address.
- The address of where the inspection occurred.
- The citation number.
- The item number of the violation (on the citation) for which an extension is requested.
- The reason for the request.
- Any steps being taken to safeguard employees from the cited hazards until correction is completed.
- The date the employer proposes to complete the correction.
- A statement that a copy of the extension request has been posted as required by state law (437-001-0275).