Presentations from Oregon Pesticide Symposiums
- Oregon OSHA updates
- Oregon Department of Forestry updates
- How to encourage our winged allies while protecting them from pesticides, presented by Mike Omeg
- Predicting Pesticide Volatile Loss Following Application, presented by Jeffrey J. Jenkins
- Surface Water Loading from drift of Aerially-Applied Malathion in Cherry Production, presented by Jeffrey Jenkins
- Worker Protection Standard Resources, PERC
- Navigating the Application Exclusion Zone (AEZ), presented by Garnet Cooke
- Consultation for Agriculture Sites, presented by Averie Foster and Paul Utterback
- Oregon Department of Agriculture, Licensing update, presented by Colton Bond
- AG land to a new development, presented by Theodore Bunch Jr.
- Factors that Increase Risk from Pesticide Exposure -or- More reasons to use caution when handling pesticides, presented by Fred Berman, DVM, PhD
- Coos Bay Children's Academy, A retrospective
- Cannabis and Pesticides, Oregon Department of Agriculture, presented by Isaak Stapleton
- The Oregon Bee Project
- Pesticide Water Monitoring in Oregon: Findings and Stewardship Responses, presented by Kevin Masterson
- Protect Oregon Agriculture from Japanese Beetle
- Glyphosate Toxicology
Presentations from the Pesticide Symposium.
The annual Oregon Pesticide Symposium, previously known as the Pesticide Inspector's Forum, was held April 29-30, 2014. Oregon OSHA participated, including the following agencies: Oregon Department of Agriculture; US Environmental Protection Agency Region X; Oregon Department of Environmental Quality; National Pesticide Information Center; Oregon Health Sciences University - Oregon Institute of Occupational Health Sciences; Oregon State University Ag Extension Service; Oregon Department of Transportation; Oregon Health Authority; and Oregon State Fire Marshal.
The theme of the symposium was to foster communication, collaboration, and cooperation among the Oregon agencies that regulate or provide information on pesticides.
Presentations from the Annual Pesticide Inspectors Forum, March 31 and April 1, 2010. Participating agencies included Oregon OSHA; the Oregon Department of Agriculture; the Environmental Protection Agency Region X; the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health - National Personal Protective Technology Laboratory; the National Pesticide Information Center; Oregon Health Sciences University - Center for Research on Occupational and Environmental Toxicology; and the Oregon State University Ag Extension Service.
The meeting is to provide pesticide investigators in Oregon up-to-date information on pesticide-related research, information, and regulations.