Construction Depot Newsletter
< Back to current issue list
Archived issues: 2001-2012
- Don't ignore that crack in your windshield
- Backing up (and today's pop quiz question)
- 12th annual Mid-Oregon Construction Safety Summit comes to Bend Jan. 29
- Introducing Oregon OSHA's new confined space rule
- What is a fall hazard?
- When do workers need to be protected from fall hazards?
- Factors to consider in evaluating fall hazards
- The importance of planning
- Training and supervision
- Dealing with emergencies
- Globally harmonized hazard communication - what's it all about?
- Hazard communication in the workplace
- What is a hazardous chemical?
- Understanding the hazard communication process
- Preparing a written hazard communication plan
- Using safety data sheets
- Labeling containers of hazardous chemicals
- Training employees about hazard communication
- Oregon OSHA's hazard communication rules
- Tool talk: Portable abrasive grinders
- Small business and obstacles to workplace safety
- New rules update: Hazard communication
- Respirable hazard of the month: silica dust
- What's wrong with this picture
- Three new "quick facts" fact sheets from Oregon OSHA
- Tool box talk: Abrasive wheel grinders
- Tool box talk: Laser levels
- Carbon monoxide and small gas powered engines
- Lightning awareness: What are your chances of getting zapped?
- Noise induced hearing loss: perception versus reality
- Using Apps for workplace safety and health
- Since when is 'housekeeping' construction work?
- Try Oregon OSHA's new portable ladder app
- Northwest safety staff attend mobile crane training in Portland
- Oregon GOSH Conference coming to Portland: March 2013
- NIOSH team to recommend worker safety requirements in LEED green building certification
- The cost of workplace accidents: going up
- Struck-by injuries in construction - what they are and how they happen
- Update: Oregon OSHA's new confined space rule
- Update: Penalties and other Division 1 General Administrative Rules
- Oregon OSHA's "Fatality and accident reports" webpage revised
- Falls are still a risk for solar PV installers
- Speed and distraction are deadly combinations when drivers enter cnstruction work zones
- Toolbox talk: Electrocution hazards and how they happen
- Need sleep?
- Rules updates
- Since when do landscapers need to worry about falling?
- Scaffold safety: Mast climbing work platforms
- Reporting overnight hospitalizations and fatalities
- Celebrate Safety Break for Oregon on May 9
- Rulemaking updates
- Is there lead where your employees will be working?
- Scaffold safety: Is fall protection required during erecting and dismantling work?
- Electrical Safety and the NFPA 70E
- Oregon OSHA's "top violations" reports are now just clicks away
- When does your forklift become a crane?
- Power line safety – evaluating the work zone
- New online citation appeal and extension request form now available
- The cost of workplace accidents: it’s more than you think
- Get the lead out - blood lead reporting in Oregon
- Free rigging and forklifts
- How ladder accidents happen
- Oregon OSHA's new Confined Spaces rule delayed
- New ODOT temporary traffic control handbook available
- Cascade Occupational Safety and Health Conference coming to Eugene
- Recent changes to Oregon OSHA's construction industry rules
- Construction safety conference coming to Bend, Jan. 24
- Most frequently violated construction rules for 2011 - fall protection tops the list (again)
- Understanding what's new in Oregon OSHA's lead rules
- New guide: Cranes and derricks in construction
- Motor vehicle safety
- Getting traction in the winter
- Electrical safety
- Sanitation at construction sites
- Fall Protection in Construction
- Worker Memorial Scholarships 2006 recipients
- Changes to OR-OSHA Web site: Improved navigation and added features
- GOSH 2007 awards nominations
- What is safety and health management
- Worksite reponsibility: guidelines for contractors
- Selecting portable ladders
- Using ladders safely
- Ladder inspection, maintenance, and repair
- Storing ladders
- Transporting ladders
- A checklist of safe pracitices
- Are you planning to hire a young worker?
- Advice for employers
- Laws to know
- Getting started with young workers
- Advice for young workers
- 2005 five worst teen jobs
- How young workers get hurt
- Never enter an unprotected trench!
- What causes a cave in?
- Planning: what to consider before you dig
- What's the difference between an excavation and a trench?
- The role of the competent person
- Getting in and out of a trench
- Materials and mobile equipment
- Hazardous atmospheres
- Water accumulation
- Use appropriate protection to prevent cave-ins
- Fall Protection: Questions and answers
- Construction industrys frequently cited standards
- Did you know? Substance abuse statistics on drug use in the workplace
- Skanska recognized for safety at Bend and Redmond hospital projects
- 2005 GOSH Conference open for registration
- Workers Memorial Scholarship deadline is March 1
- Fall protection, rebar, and concrete formwork: the basics
- OR-OSHAs 502 Committee produces a new fall protection booklet
- Safe Jobs, Smart Business for construction contractors
- In the zone: traffic control safety
- Have a nice day: outdoor awareness for the summer
- Workplace Safety and Health Conferences
- Construction fatalities aren't always work related
- Yorke & Curtis recognized for worker safety
- The 502 Committee addresses fall-protection challenges in stick-framed construction.
- Rod Comstock tells you how OR-OSHAs training workshops can help
bring new employees up to speed on workplace safety and health.
- Don Harris highlights the benefits of checking out a safety-training video from the OR-OSHA AV Library.
- Do you have to comply with OR-OSHA rules if youre an independent construction contractor?
- Ron Preece covers criteria you need to consider.
- Finally, a reminder: Be aware of asbestos if you do remodeling work. Its still a concern for construction workers.
- Keep the lines of communication open
- Poem: I chose to look the other way
- PESO: a new bilingual training program for construction safety
- I'm OR-OSHA's new Resource Center librarian, Jane Kirby
- Hearing-loss column added to OSHA 300 log
- Construction happenings (a list of events)
- Sign up for OR-OSHA's electronic notification service
- Should you be concerned about mold?
- How to prevent mold
- How do molds enter a building?
- Should you test for mold?
- Does OR-OSHA have regulations that address mold?
- The Construction Advisory Committee: working for you (list of members)
- Using a work platform on a rough-terrain lift truck?
- GFCIs: Effective if they're not defective
- Falling: Truths and consequences
- Why we need protection from fallingFalling without protection
- Chart on "Accepted disabling workers' compensation claims Falls to a lower level in the construction industry, 1997-2001"
- How should we protect ourselves from falling?
- Fall-protection strategies
- Is Humpty safe?
- You know the end to this story.
- COSHA to host Mid-Oregon Construction Safety Summit
- GFCIs and OR-OSHA's ground-fault-protection rules
- Types of GFCIs
- How GFCIs protect us
- Testing receptical GFCIs
- About OR-OSHA's new ground-fault protection rule
- Which rule do I follow?
- Where to learn more
- Electrical safety videos available from OR-OSHA
- Should you be concerned about hazardous energy?
- Hazardous energy in the workplace
- How hazardous energy causes accidents: An example
- How to control hazardous energy
- Where to learn more about controlling hazardous energy
- Do you have a safe and healthful workplace?
- Dermatitis: What is it? What are the symptoms? How to control exposure
- Silicosis: What is it? What are the symptoms? How to control exposure
- Hearing Loss: What is it? What are the symptoms? How to control exposure
- Want to learn more?
- Going Up?
- Working six feet or more above a lower level? - List of hazardous work areas, and hazardous
- You don't have to fall far to get hurt
- Thinking about fall protection
- Fall protection: what it really means
- Want to know more about fall protection? OR-OSHA training workshop
- List: Fall protection videos