Safety leaders honored at Oregon GOSH Conference
Nine leaders in safety and health were honored with awards at the 2017 Oregon Governor's Occupational Safety and Health (GOSH) Conference, during a March 8 ceremony at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland. A panel of industry professionals judges the awards, which honor extraordinary contributions to the field of workplace safety and health. The categories include outstanding employers, individuals, associations, and teams.
The recipients this year are as follows:
• Oregon Trucking Associations, Inc.
Safety and Health Advocate (Individual) Award
• Scott Simmons
Safety and Health Advocate (Team) Awards
• Oregon Health Workforce Center
• Samaritan Health Services Employee Health and Safety Team
Safety and Health Professional Awards
• Kiley Ross, Qorvo US Inc.
• Lisa Simmons, Omega Morgan
Safety Committee Awards
• Diamond Fruit Growers, Inc.
• Fortis Construction, Inc.
Workplace Safety Program Award
• Deschutes Brewery
Oregon OSHA partners with the Columbia-Willamette Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers to sponsor the conference.