Skip to main content Homepage

Recording injuries

If you have 10 or more employees, you may need to:

  • Record their injuries and illnesses on a form called the OSHA 300 Log
  • Summarize that information on a form called the OSHA 300-A

Both forms and instructions on how to complete them are in our publication, OSHA forms for recording work-related injuries and illnesses. It takes time to record an injury or illness, so the fewer injuries or illnesses, the less time you’ll spend doing paperwork.

You need to post the OSHA 300-A where employees can see it, no later than Feb. 1 each year.

See our Recording and posting workplace injuries and illnesses fact sheet for more information.

Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how